- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Assist in month-end closing activities, including departmental expenses, Accounts Payable and reconciliations.
- Obtain invoice approvals and vouch invoices after creating three way match
- Ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain relationships between the organization and the vendor.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Exceptional skills in accuracy and organization, attention to detail
- Strong written and communications skills, management proficiency, coordination, motivating others
- Strong Data Entry Skills
- Consistent performance to follow projects through to resolution
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Excel
- Associates Degree in finance, accounting or a closely related field (preferred)
- 2+ years AP experience
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org