This position reports directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis in the Finance Department and is primarily responsible assisting the Director in developing and managing the Hospital operating budget process. In addition, the Budget Manager will manage the monthly financial review meetings with VPs as well as perform financial analyses and modeling related to the hospital’s monthly variance reporting and annual budget process. This position works closely with Senior Management, Decision and Financial Support Services, Directors and Department Managers. This position is responsible for managing three direct reports.
- Develops and maintains The Hospital’s operating budget and manages the associated operating budget process.
- Working closely with Accounting and Decision Support, helps coordinate the monthly close process by managing the reporting, analysis and presentation of Monthly Statistics and various sections of the P&L such as: Med Surg Supplies, Supplies and Other and Salary & Wages.
- Manage the Monthly Financial Review meetings with VPs to discuss their areas’ variances, risk and opportunity factors associated with the fiscal year.
- Reviews, assess and enhances existing reporting processes by streamlining steps currently taken by the Budget Office to produce reports and deliverables
- Conducts meetings with departmental finance officers as needed to review Financial results, FTEs, volume trends, and discuss Position Control issues/concerns
- Responds to ad hoc financial analyses, special projects, and other similar or related duties as required or directed.
- Manages a team of three Financial Analysts (1 Analyst II, 2 Senior Analysts)
- B.S. in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required M.B.A. or C.P.A. preferred.
- 5-7 years related analyses experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Experience in Managing a budgeting Process at a Medical Center or Equivalent
- Knowledge of hospital financial analyses and decision support systems as well as statistical and analytic software modes (Tsi, Access, Excel, AMS).
- High Level of analytic and quantitative skills (data evaluation).
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong computer, quantitative and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
Please send resume to: email@example.com