Cape Cod, MA
- Oversee all accounting functions including: general accounting, cash/AR, payroll, tax, accounts payable, fixed asset, internal and external reporting, control compliance, systems automation and process improvement, and special projects.
- Conduct analysis of completed statements for the managed property’s.
- Act as the key liaison between the accounting department and all other departments in the Company.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly transactions. Managing all general ledger, accounts payable and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state jurisdictions, and related regulations.
- Responsible for the receipt and reconciliation of all cash and accounts receivables.
- Ensuring the protection and appropriate controls over cash balances.
- Directing all payroll activities, including the accurate collection and processing of labor timesheets, application of the appropriate pay rates, including the tracking and payment of all related payroll withholdings and taxes.
- Supporting the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns and quarterly and annual tax provisions, and ensuring all appropriate tax payments are processed timely.
- Providing analysis to highlight appropriate trends and issues.
- Managing all aspects of the annual financial audit and quarterly reviews, including serving as the primary contact for the external auditors, the preparation of all requested information and the overall timeline of the audit activities.
- Support the Company with process improvements, implementation and oversight of internal controls.
- Manage and direct accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or related discipline.
- 7+ years in progressing positions at either a Hospitality Consulting Firm or Hospitality Management Company.
- CPA highly preferred
- Solid understanding of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and reporting standards.
- Successful close working relationship with hospitality operations and the ability as a self-starter to present to top management meaningful special studies of various cost segments of the business that will positively impact operations to achieve greater profitability.
- Extensive knowledge in Excel
- Hands-on team member
- P&L Management knowledge
- Must be able to split time between Boston and the Cape
Please send resume to: email@example.com