Cloud Systems Admin
- Provides support and maintenance services to cloud collocations and office locations including analysis, design, installation, and daily maintenance of all computer systems.
Core Job Details/Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain cloud collocation and office facilities.
- Implement and maintain Cisco networking equipment including but not limited to router, switches, gateways, call mangers, and contact centers.
- Install, update and maintain conference bridging equipment
- Support and implement firewall technologies including WatchGuard and SonicWALL.
- Configure Audio codes gateways and SBCs.
- Update, install and maintain VMware software and technologies.
- Analyzes system usage; investigates opportunities for performance improvement.
- Performs system administration activities on all computer systems.
- Maintains and improves external network connection and service.
- Installs and updates operating system (Microsoft, Linux, Unix, Apple) and third-party software.
- Sets up new user accounts; closes out old user accounts; ensures system security via passwords and other methods.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures; performs system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures system files and services.
- Monitors and improves system performance through kernel and file system tuning.
- Performs software backups and maintains archive of source codes.
- Establishes and documents processes and procedures for systems administration; supports all personnel as they use the documented procedures.
- Maintains computer-related hardware and peripherals.
- Researches and evaluates new hardware and software; recommends budgets and coordinates approved equipment purchases.
- Assists with building, installing, deploying, and upgrading system hardware and software components as required.
- Assists with training and problem solving as needed.
- Be able to cover on call support on 24/7 basis.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent.
- 4-6 years related experience or equivalent. (must have telephony experience)
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with operating system configuration files and hardware/software interoperability issues.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams/committees.
- Proficient with Unix, Cisco, Audiocodes, VMware, and Ayaya technologies.
- Proficient with Audiocodes, VMware and Avaya technologies.
- Provide technical support to cloud and office locations.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in engineering/technical field.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org