Director of Health Information Management
This position reports to the Director of Health Information Management and is responsible for the supervision of operations personnel and activities within the Health Information Management Audit Department.
- This includes, but not limited to correspondence, chart assembly/analysis/completion, filing, transcription and audit as well as any related components thereof.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Medical Records in establishing and updating all Medical Record Policies and Procedures.
- Serves as a resource for physicians and Administrative Managers on proper documentation and coding practices.
- Monitors effectiveness and efficiencies of operations for Health Information, Coding and Audit area and recommends necessary changes to enhance workflow and provide quality services.
- Oversees daily activities of the department to optimize productivity.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of accurate clinical database to support patient care, education and administrative needs.
- Assists in organizing the functions of the department so that departmental operation is coordinated with other departments in achievement of Hospital goals.
- Works with medical staff and house staff to ensure understanding of the Hospital’s documentation requirements in conjunction with licensing and accrediting agencies.
- Ensures that the policies and procedures for medical record completion are fully implemented and monitored as described in the Medical Staff Bylaws and various accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Acts independently, when necessary, in maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and may make decisions to expedite processes to meet various situations.
- Remains current in coding and/or documentation requirements.
- Suggests coding process improvements for optimal coding reimbursement.
- Assess training needs of physicians and administrative managers on proper documentation and billing practices to maximize revenues.
- Presents educational seminars to large groups of clinical staff.
- May perform other job related duties as requested or required.
- Previous knowledge and experience with medical records software programs and applications.
- Interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with all levels of hospital staff.
- BA/BS in a related field.
- RHIT preferred
- A minimum of two years of management or supervisory experience in an HIM/Medical Records Department required.
Please send resume to: email@example.com