The Executive Assistant (EA) provides administrative and project related support to the CEO and other members of the Executive Team as needed. The EA acts as the CEO’s “extender”– by responding to requests, solving problems, scheduling meetings, and communicating on their behalf– both internally and externally. The EA is in constant communication to reiterate priorities and relay urgent updates. The EA supports the effort to consistently communicate the brand internally and externally while working alongside the Marketing team and outside marketing vendors. EA understands the CEO’s agenda, and works in close partnership to remove obstacles and create order that enables the CEO to make well-thought-out, intentional decisions.
- Maintain a task list with attention to priority (today, tomorrow and next week).
- Manage CEO’s and Executive Vice President’s Outlook calendar; anticipate and solve for scheduling conflicts.
- Schedule and prepare materials for internal meetings including Executive Team, Board meetings, All-Staff, etc. (travel, location, meeting logistics, communication, scheduling, etc.)
- Be the point person for CEO with internal staff by relaying messages, scheduling meetings and answering questions when CEO is unavailable.
- Be the point person for CEO speaking engagements: Liaison between event host and company, power point and presentation folder preparation, other logistics as needed.
- Prepare and manage all travel arrangements for all senior level executives including flights, hotels, car, and written itinerary.
- Perform internet research and supports projects directed by Senior Executive Team.
- Manage company’s’ charitable contributions process and allocation of sports tickets (Celtics and Red Sox).
- Serve as primary support/liaison to website vendor on website updates and online expansion efforts
- Work with the Human Resource department to keep up-to-date content (events, new hires, calendar updates, etc.)
- Liaison for Public Relations vendor
- Project Manager for SEO and social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Manages CEO’s referral gifting campaigns.
- Works directly with Senior Leadership team to produce website and collateral content.
- Support production of referral source gifts, providing research and design assistance as needed.
- Support distribution campaigns for referral sources and corporate contacts as needed (postcards, eblasts, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by CEO as needed both professionally and personally.
- College degree and at least 3 years administrative support preferred
- Previous experience supporting CEO or other senior level management preferred.
- Uses good judgment and discretion all the time.
- Has the ability to multi-task every day and prioritize tasks with respect to deadlines.
- Able to anticipate needs and respond with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized.
- Able to problem-solve and identify creative solutions.
- Outgoing. Great interpersonal skills. Forms strong relationships.
- Works autonomously, but can ask for help when needed.
- Takes initiative and is self-starting.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with a marketing database/FileMaker and MS Publisher or other desktop publishing programs preferred.
- Experience in SEO and website management preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Suite design systems preferred (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
Please send resume to: email@example.com