- Work closely with HR to streamline payroll changes to improve payroll cycles and to reduce errors. Troubleshoot issues and errors with HR, Finance and employees as needed to ensure timely resolution.
- Reconcile Workday to 940 and 941, on a quarterly and annual basis
- Process wage garnishments, support orders and tax liens according to state and federal laws as needed.
- Work with the stock administrator and be the backup in his/her absence and assist with equity processing and maintaining employee stock plan database (Fidelity).
- Download, prepare and process stock related transactions on a daily basis.
- Report stock option exercises on W-2s and reconcile monthly.
- Ensure annual W-2’s are accurate and process W-2C’s as needed.
- Coordinate, review and balance domestic taxable income and taxes on a monthly basis, ensuring correct localities.
- Work with third party providers to ensure timely and accurate filings.
- Serves as payroll team subject matter expert in regards to payroll tax related inquiries
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll and stock matters in a timely manner.
- Assist with internal and external audits by providing supporting records and documentation, including but not limited to 401k audit and Workman’s comp audit.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and multi-state payroll related tax laws, regulations, and statutes to ensure compliancy.
- Register withholding, locals (as needed) and unemployment taxes in new states as needed.
- Knowledge of internal controls, SOX documentation and control testing experience.
- Manage Visa process and ensure taxes are reported correctly i.e. F1 Visa.
- Process all taxable income, awards, gift cards, moving and relocation expenses etc.
- Manage Workday projects as needed, reporting, new pay and deduction components etc.
- Coordinate year end reporting and Workday tenant updates for schedules and accruals.
- Team lead and project manager for year- end processing and project management.
- Support the tax and finance teams with any payroll queries they may have including running Workday reports as needed.
- Serve as Workday Analyst, by being the Project Manager and gathering business requirements, designing, testing and implementing payroll business solutions.
- Responsible for Workday payroll tenant configuration, reporting, creating and testing EIB’s developing and operating interfaces within Workday’s platform.
- Ability to own and complete complex and sensitive projects as needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise on payroll compliance
- Book all payroll related entries to the general ledger and reconcile payroll cash.
- Expatriate payroll tracking.
- Ability to see innovative ways to improve payroll processes and procedures.
- Assist in new country payroll implementation, as needed.
- Process employment verifications as needed.
- Prepare, review, analyze and process semi-monthly payrolls for exempt employees through Workday in a timely, accurate manner and in compliance with federal and state regulations as well as company policy.
- Cross train on all international and domestic payrolls
- 6+ years of payroll processing experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in payroll tax, accounting or related field required
- BS in Accounting strongly preferred
- Multi-tax experience a must
- Accounting skills
- Expatriate payroll processing strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Exceptional organization and analytical skills
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Ability to complete tasks in efficient and timely manner
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Maintain high regard for confidentially
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including V-lookups and pivot tables
Please send resume to: email@example.com