Sales Engineer (Network/Systems)
New York, NY
This position will be responsible for supporting sales management and individual deal flow by problem-solving key technical issues for prospective clients. Collaborating with technical leadership, marketing, sales, and account management, you will present convincing and substantiated solution architectures designed to address Client-specific requirements.
- Meet regularly with various internal stakeholders to gain insight on solutions and procedures, including technical considerations and typical delivery timeframes and considerations.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, and technical leadership by participating in Client phone calls and on-site meetings to effectively document and communicate technical requirements.
- Lead client-facing technical discussions to ensure the Client or prospect gains a clear value-based understanding solutions in relation to their overall business and IT strategies.
- Take responsibility of deal flow for technical aspects of solutions, including coordination of supporting technical resources, delivery of whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, executive summary documents and trial management.
- Present approved technical solutions to Clients, showcasing how proposed plans can be leveraged to support their technology needs and core business objectives; ability to clearly articulate ROI of proposed solutions when necessary.
- Prepare detailed responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and Requests for Information (RFI’s) outlining full scope of projects including technical as well as business and financial aspects.
- Identify problematic areas and provide suggestions on how to close gaps and improve RFI and RFP proposal and response process in accordance with brand and vision; take full ownership of implementing approved changes.
- Interface with third-party vendors, technology partners, and internal project stakeholders to generate solution-based roadmaps, and convincing and substantiated technology and architecture solutions addressing Clients’ requirements.
- Provide coaching and professional development to Account Management Team in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skill
- Liaise with all relevant business units to secure resources required to complete tasks on time and on budget. Work to enhance marketing initiatives by providing relevant Client feedback.
- Assist with procurement efforts based on approved solutions where necessary.
- 3+ years experience in a Pre-Sales Engineer or Outside Technical Sales role, in a consultative, solution-based environment.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully drafting and presenting Client-specific technology and architecture solutions to the financial services industry strongly preferred.
- Understanding of technology required (cloud, storage, infrastructure, and desktop). Ability to quickly learn, understand, and craft a compelling message around emerging technologies and offerings.
- Excellent active listening skills and able to ask relevant questions in order to gather, document and communicate effectively with Clients and internal project stakeholders.
- Able to work on simultaneous projects, completing tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals, including VP and C-Level, by tailoring messaging for the audience and delivering a clear and concise story leveraging everyday situations.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint) and CRM software (Salesforce or a comparable alternative).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience.
Please send resume to: email@example.com