Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation of consolidated financial statements in compliance with US GAAP on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide variance analysis and commentary on balance sheet and income statement changes on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensure that internal controls over financial reporting are in place, operating effectively, and are appropriately maintained.
- Work with other finance and accounting colleagues, including the Internal Audit team, to design and implement processes to monitor compliance with global policies and procedures.
- Oversee chart of accounts management including reporting hierarchies to support proper internal management and external reporting requirements. Work with the Finance and Business Systems team to ensure the chart of accounts is updated as needed.
- Maintain accurate foreign exchange rates in accounting systems to support proper consolidation, valuation, and translation including the proof of CTA balances.
- Resolve ad hoc accounting and reporting questions from finance and accounting colleagues around the world as they arise.
- Contribute to the annual audit process including coordinating with external auditors, preparing documentation, writing technical accounting memos, project managing activities related to the year-end audit and preparing information for Audit Committee meetings.
- Communicate and collaborate routinely with finance colleagues at the local and regional levels, providing direction related to key processes, accounting policies, and internal controls.
- Shares best practices and information related to changes that have a global impact.
- Provide ongoing training throughout the year.
- 5+ years accounting including US GAAP, consolidation of financial data, translation of foreign currency financial statements
- Public accounting experience (3-5 years)
- Extensive experience with managing the consolidation process of financial data for a large number of global multi-currency legal entities
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP; specific areas include consolidations, intercompany accounting, translations and multi-currency foreign exchange accounting, proof of the cumulative translation account (CTA), revenue recognition, leasing, impairments, purchase accounting, equity method investments, derivatives and compensation; knowledge of IFRS and other GAAP a plus.
- Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft)
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org