Staff Accountant II
- Responsibilities include account reconciliations, account certification preparation and posting journal entries, as well as documenting current procedures. Areas of focus include general accounting, financial reporting and taxes.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions:
- Financial reporting (including preparation of the monthly board reports) as assigned by the Accounting Project Manager and VP Accounting. Prepares assigned monthly account reconciliations.
- Assists with quarterly and annual SOX testing and updates of all accounting department related matrices.
- Creates assigned entries for FCB, mark to market, escrow, etc. Point person for internal and external audits.
- Assists with quarterly SEC and regulatory reporting.
- Serves as a back-up for such functions as a cash management, investments, fixed assets, accounts payable, monthly account flux analysis and report writing.
- Assists with special projects in department as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years’ experience – looking for both a mix of Public Accounting and Banking Experience within. Open to a minimum of 2 years’ experience but looking for towards the 4-5 year mark. They would be open to candidates with more experience, but keep in mind salary for the role. Ceiling would be 10 years.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: outlook, work, and very strong in excel
- Knowledgeable of accounting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Very strong math skills
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org