Brighton Massachusetts 02135 United States
Temp OR Temp to Perm, need ASAP
Hours – 40/hrs M-F, 8:00AM-4:00PM but can be flexible.
Comp: $35-$40/hr DOE
- The Benefits Specialist within Human Resources is primarily responsible for responding to questions about benefits, as well as assisting staff with completing the necessary forms, and then processing forms as required. Has strong relationships with all benefit vendors to facilitate problem resolution as well as monitoring reports and billing accuracy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers company benefit programs directly and in conjunction with vendors, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vison insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k programs, and several other programs that support employees (T-Pass, Employee referrals, BJ membership).
- Provides new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures. Process enrollments quickly and accurately.
- Advises employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefit matters.
- Inform employees of changes to the benefits structure
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administrators
- Consult with employees about eligibility and other issues
- Review bi-weekly payroll deductions
- Participates in annual Open Enrollment process, including coordination of Benefits & Wellness Fairs.
- Administers data additions, deletions, changes, and terminations to 401k / 403b plans through online retirement web tool. Conducts monthly audits of employee changes.
- Monitors all vendor billing, validates changes and withholds.
- Confirms and processes reimbursements related to tuition and professional development.
- Participates in assessment of benefits, and overall level of satisfaction of employees. May recommend changes to improve employee satisfaction.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in HR with benefits experience.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication
- Demonstrated attention to detail