Orthopedic Physical Therapist
Newton Wellesley Hospital – 159 Wells Ave Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Temp (13 weeks + possible extension)
- Hours: M-F, could be 4/10’s, 4/8’s, flexible. 2 early shifts per week at 7:00AM, two late shifts per week 7:00PM, close at 5:30PM on Fridays.
- Comp: $65-$85/hr
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and years’ experience preferred, but NOT REQUIRED.
Acts as a clinical resource with advanced level competencies in Physical Therapy in area of clinical specialty, develops and implements programs pertinent to Physical Therapy specialty area. Identifies and assesses clinical competencies in specialty areas. Evaluates, assesses and applies advanced competency Physical therapy treatments in accordance with Standards of Practice, applicable state licensure regulations, and departmental and hospital policies, to a variety of patients ranging from newborn to geriatric in age.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, coordinates and implements special programs pertinent to speciality area.
- Performs ongoing review and assessment of special programs.
- Orients staff and provides clinical supervision for staff involved in special programs, or patient care pertinent to area of specialty.
- Acts as a clinical resource to staff, physicians, allied health professionals, and patients in specialty area.
- Collaborates with leadership and other designated personnel to ensure effective coordination of special programs.
- Participates in departmental QA/QI program.
- Pursues educational conferences and courses in area of clinical specialization.
- Provides appropriate educational experiences to members of the department, the community, and others in allied health, in area of clinical specialization.
- Establishes and maintains clinical competencies for area of specialization.
- Assists in evaluating the clinical performance of staff pertinent to area of specialization.
- Recognized and responsive to peers and customers as a clinical and administrative resource, particularly in the absence of supervisor/manager.
- Performance of duties reflects CareFirst philosophy
- Initiates contributions to the use of evidence based practice for patient care, particularly in the area of expertise
- Serves as advanced clinical resource within area of expertise
- Seeks guidance as necessary for performance of duties
- Assists leadership in establishing prioritization standards, particularly in area of expertise
- Identifies and responds appropriately to needs of patients and others.
- Involves patients and/or caregiver(s) in decisions regarding treatment, goal setting and discharge plans.
- Appropriately delegates and supervises patient related tasks to assistants, aides and support personnel
- Communicates with physicians and referrers in the area of expertise to enhance clinical collaboration
- Seeks and utilizes medical and nonclinical information appropriately
- Assists Rehab leadership in establishing standards and competency assurance programs
- New graduates considered for employment.
- Licensed, by the Division of Professional Licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (The Board of Allied Health is required for Physical and Occupational Therapists; the Board of Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists for Speech Therapists).
- CPR training is required annually.
- OCS and years’ experience preferred, but not required
- Resume/Write Up
- Connecting with HR Business partner for further details, but this is what would typically be expected at any MGB facility.
- Bullhorn Onboarding (ID’s/VC or Bank Auth)
- COVID Vaccination (NO BOOSTER)
- PT License State of MA