Director of Nursing and Clinical Services
- Great opportunity for Nurse Manager to step into Director role.
General Definition and Scope of Job
The Director of Nursing and Clinical Services will have primary responsibility for overseeing and coordinating the clinical staff and functions across multi service delivery sites; collaborating with both the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) to achieve and maintain the highest quality scores; facilitating the design, implementation and delivery of patient care; recommending strategies to improve services, reaching established goals, maintaining satisfactory outcomes and creating a clinical and operational environment that fosters teamwork, collaboration and service excellence. Will be required to provide hands on nursing coverage as needed.
- Recommends, implements and problem solves activities regarding department and site clinical operational issues in close collaboration with the CMO and site physician leads.
- Provides direct oversight and supervision to nursing and medical support including, Nurses, Medical Assistants and Care Managers.
- Monitors the nursing and medical support staff’s daily activities.
- Establishes, and maintains nursing and medical support staff schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels are met and align with clinic and patient needs.
- Orients staff, providing necessary training and education to ensure optimal levels of performance and quality standards are met.
- Develops and implements the clinical staffing patterns.
- Works in conjunction with the CMO, COO, Lead Physicians and site specific Lead Nurses to provide safe and quality patient care.
- Designs, develops and implements training programs to ensure service excellence at all clinic sites. Lead the development and implementation of departmental orientation and competency based trainings for nursing and medical support staff.
- Ensures that patient-care, clinical, operational and staffing standards are met.
- Develops patient-care programs, manage nursing budgets, and plans new patient services.
- Advises senior management on best practices in nursing and patient care as appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources and healthcare leaders to establish compensation, benefit programs and competencies for nurses and medical support staff.
- Participates in the recruitment, training and retention of the nurses and support staff.
- Prepares policies and procedures, participate in cross-departmental decision making, conduct performance improvement activities and represent point of service/care at requisite meetings as appropriate.
- Will be required to provide hands on nursing coverage as needed.
- Creating a positive, collaborative work environment
- Partnering with COO and physicians to ensure a smooth workflow
- Ensuring that nursing standards and support are upheld
- Maintaining regulatory and compliance approvals and accreditations
- Working with COO, CMO and medical staff to develop strategic plans
- Cultivating relationships across functions and departments
- Serving as a spokesperson for nursing and medical support staff.
- Developing and implementing objectives, policies and procedures
- Ensuring that operations comply with established standards and regulations
- Preparing and overseeing business reports, including annual budgets
- Providing guidance to staff and acting as resource to colleagues
- Directing personnel functions, including recruiting, hiring and retention of staff, and handling disciplinary actions in conjunction and partnership with the Director, Human Resources.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree-Required. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree-Preferred
- Requires a minimum of 8-10 years clinical nursing experience plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant leadership/management position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of the clinical operations of a healthcare organization, current trends and changes within the healthcare industry, and state and federal compliance and regulatory standards. Excellent leadership and mentoring abilities are also required.