Under the direction of the IT Support Manager, the Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing Tier 1 support for internal and external clients with super client service, technical support, and fulfilling other job duties as assigned.
- Provides first level phone and remote support to internal and external clients who are experiencing operational, hardware and/or network connectivity problems with their computers and associated software.
- Assists with information gathering and communicates with clients as requested to help resolve escalated issues.
- Works closely with the Team Lead to escalate unusual or recurring problems when necessary.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Firm applications.
- Documents, logs, and tracks all information relating to user problems in the ITSM platform including submitting knowledge base articles for approval.
- Seeks out opportunities to maximize help desk efficiencies and improve client service.
- Ensures proper trouble ticketing lifecycle including escalations.
- Assists with setting up conference room meetings using built-in technology and ensuring all conference room equipment is in working order.
- Provides hardware support in offices.
- Assists in setting up offices for new hires and office moves.
- Assists with new user onboarding in imaging and QCing of machines.
- May be asked to participate in floor support and training initiatives as requested.
- Ability to troubleshoot home wireless networks for home office set-ups.
- May be asked to provide “home office” support.
- May be asked to compose analysis reports.
- Must exhibit critical thinking prowess and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a help desk role. Professional services environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong Windows 10, Office O365, and end user applications knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette, with a demonstrated ability to always maintain a client service focus and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Must have physical ability to lift and move computer and related equipment.
- Must have minimal physical mobility. Position may occasionally require standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Must have the ability to operate equipment such as a computer and copy machine.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Must have the ability to prepare assorted documents and other related materials.
- Must have the ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.