Barrday is in need of an IT Data Analyst. No one in the mix!
Fully onsite in Millbury, MA
Hours are 8 am – 5 pm
$85-110k base, bonus is contingent (typically 5-10%) – don’t advertise
Reporting to IT Manager who sits out of Charlotte, NC
They will be the only Data Analyst on the team. The only other IT person in Millbury is a help desk specialist. This candidate would help provide help desk support on an as-needed basis. Prior help desk experience is not required but it would certainly help
3-5 years’ experience is the sweet spot but if they have more experience and are within budget that’s fine too!
Bachelor’s Degree required
Manufacturing experience required
Experience troubleshooting/supporting/maintaining any ERP system – IFS in particular is not required but would be great to have
Need to be US citizen or permanent resident
Travel once per quarter to Charlotte
JD says occasional on-call/weekend support but HM said that it probably would be extremely rare and likely wouldn’t happen their first year
Barrday uses on-prem Oracle database but SQL database experience is fine!
They use SQL server for data warehouse
JD states “experience governing IT processes” – HM elaborated: experience gathering requirements, testing, documentation, working with users
Should have an understanding of and some experience with PL/SQL, SSRS
They use PowerBI but experience with Tableau is fine
Machine Learning experience would be great but not required
Barrday, a manufacturer of composite materials, is in search of an IT Data Analyst.
Barrday is a leading advanced materials solutions company with an international manufacturing and sales presence. Our product lines encompass applications for the composite and protective markets. We are headquartered outside of Toronto, Canada in Cambridge, ON, with manufacturing facilities in Charlotte, NC and Millbury, MA. Our success is based on developing technologically advanced fiber reinforcement, prepreg and other material solutions for our customers in the aerospace, defense, industrial, energy and protective markets.
The IT Data Analyst will be responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large and complex data sets to identify valuable insights and patterns. Use advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to develop predictive models and algorithms that can help our organization make informed decisions. This is a full-time position with a typical workweek of 40 hours.
- Collecting and cleaning data: Data analysts must be able to collect data from a variety of sources, such as ERP Databases, Machine Databases, and Barrday data warehouse. They must then clean the data to remove errors and inconsistencies.
- Analyzing data: Data analysts use statistical software to analyze data and identify trends. They may also use machine learning algorithms to build models that can predict future behavior.
- Develop and visualizing data using tools like SQL, PL/SQL, SSRS, and PowerBi.
- Communicating findings: Data analysts must be able to communicate their findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise way. They may create reports, presentations, or dashboards to share their findings.
- Developing solutions: Data analysts must be able to develop solutions to business problems using data. For example, they may promote improving customer service, or identify discrepancies in how users enter data.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop data-driven solutions that address business challenges.
- Continuously researching and exploring new data science techniques and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data analysis.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, and other documentation as required during and after executing implementation tasks.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Contribute to Barrday business initiatives as needed.
- Provide 2nd tier help desk support as required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience working with Oracle or SQL Server Database
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer literacy and previous experience with ERP systems. IFS experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience in governing IT processes
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders, facilitating workshops or dialogue on process design, and exploring solutions.
- Understanding of or strong interest in manufacturing operations.
Barrday is an enterprise built upon teamwork and trust. Excellence, Integrity, Respect, and Innovation are our core values and guide our communications and our actions. We respect diversity in ideas and wish to give all employees the opportunity to flourish and grow to the best of their abilities. Our expectation is that each person will, by virtue of their behavior, assist in making everyone successful.
- Standard office hours from 8:00 to 5:00 pm.
- This is an office environment & manufacturing plant.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- After hours IT on call support may be asked.
- Occasional weeknight/weekend work may be required.
“This position requires the individual to be a U.S. person as defined in the Arms Export Control Act (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent lawful resident, or a ‘protected individual’ as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)).”