IT Developer – Torrington
ON-SITE POSITION IN TORRINGTON, CT. NO HYBRID/REMOTE WORK.
If you’re ready to start building your career with a company dedicated to employing the most talented workforce in the industry, we’re ready to speak with you!
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction company located in Torrington, CT, is seeking an IT Developer to join our team. In our 100th year of business, we are a highly respected leader in our field and ranked as one of the top construction firms in the Northeast.
The IT Developer will design software programs and solutions that meet the needs of the IT team members and internal subject matter experts.
This role reports directly to the IT Application Development Manager.
Essential Functional Responsibilities:
- Perform end-to-end development including analysis, requirements, solution, testing and support
- Use reporting applications to build reports and/or assist users to design and build their own
- Analyze data sources and organize information into data models appropriate for dashboards, charts, and reports
- Design and build dashboards and other graphical representations of data to show trends and comparisons
- Develop custom formatted web reports and/or inquiries as needed
- Provide business application support of end-users with the use of any enterprise (usually client-server based) applications such as JDE, OnBase, Libra, HCSS, Aplus, etc.
- Conduct research in forums or software documentation to solve code-related issues or other issues that may arise in tools used by the organization
- Support creation of content for user manuals and tutorials
- 8-10 years of development experience
- Demonstrated experience using Azure and Power BI
- Demonstrated experience with REST/SOAP APIs including Json and xml requests and responses
- Demonstrated experience with SQL queries/joins and CRUD operations
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, company paid long term disability insurance, paid holidays, and earned time off.
To access different languages for the application process, click START YOUR APPLICATION. Find the drop-down box in the right-hand corner and navigate between English, Spanish, French and Italian.
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We are a second chance employer.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.