O&G Industries is in need of an IT Help Desk Technician. This will move quick.
Fully onsite in Torrington
Bachelor’s not required but preferred
Need at least 3 years of help desk/IT support experience (I will definitely count college help desk experience towards this)
$25-32/hr depending on experience
If you’re ready to start building your career with a company dedicated to employing the most talented workforce in the industry, we’re ready to speak with you!
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction company, located in Torrington, CT, is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join our team. In our 100th year of business, we are a highly respected leader in our field and ranked as one of the top construction firms in the Northeast.
This position is the first point of contact for all IT related issues including but not limited to hardware, software, and infrastructure.
- Record, troubleshoot and escalate incoming telephone and email inquiries as needed.
- Manage help desk software/ticket system.
- Troubleshoot and manage software, hardware, and network issues.
- Create technical knowledge base articles for training.
- Keep management abreast of trending issues.
- Provide technical support regarding the company’s in house and third party products and services.
- Research users’ questions using Help Desk User Manuals and external resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention such as outages and large-scale issues.
- Provide on-site technical support to various field offices requiring hardware repairs and deployments.
- A+ certification, AS/BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or minimum 3 years of experience working in an IT Helpdesk support role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for problem-solving and a strong customer service mindset.
- Experience preparing networked equipment such as laptops, desktop, printers, plotters, etc. in a professional corporate environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently towards resolutions and closures of end user’s issues.
- Team-oriented attitude with an openness to constructive feedback.
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, and basic networking functionality as they apply to a corporate infrastructure.
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills with the ability to convey difficult technical issues to end users of varied technical aptitudes.
- Experience entering and tracking issues in a modern ticketing system.
- Proven experience triaging, diagnosing and repairing IT hardware both within an office environment as well as in remote field operations.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment.
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, company paid long term disability insurance, paid holidays, and earned time off.
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.