-Schedule is 5 days a week on our day shift for now.
-Hours are 6:30am – 7:00pm. (60 hours mandatory work week)
Hoping to move to a 12 hour shift schedule, Monday-Thursday schedule.
Purpose The Coater Take-Up Operator’s primary purpose is to operate the Take-Up end of the coating line. This position requires at least 1-2 years’ experience and training to acquire an overall understanding and basic performance requirements to run the equipment.
- Overtime is mandatory when required
- Our Plant Director prefers candidates that have previous experience as machine operators compared to those without any experience with them
- Ex. CNC Machines, Extrusion Machines, etc.
- If they have worked on an overnight shift previously that is a plus
- Previous forklift experience
- Experience with scan guns is a plus
- Sign-On Bonus of $1,000.00 and Retention Bonuses of $500.00 for new hires. Please note that these are taxable as well.
Primary Job Functions
- Comply with all job related ISO quality procedures and customer specifications
- Prior to beginning of run, review the Work Order (e.g. run sheet, material requirements, process notes as applicable), visually confirm that the correct material is on machine and the correct side of the material is threaded to for coating/lamination.
- With assistance and throughout the shift, manually and/or with material handling equipment, lift to load, unload, and store roll shafts
- Cut and splice material throughout the run as necessary
- Unload rolls from line and prepare for transport to Warehouse (skid, band, etc.)
- Operate material handling equipment (such as fork trucks, drum trucks, pallet jacks, hoists) to move, store, stage, and/or load raw materials and product
- Report material issues/defects through NCR procedures and report equipment issues to respective Group Leader and/or Supervisor
- Use of chemicals for cleaning adhesives during changeovers as needed throughout the shift.
- Perform other duties as required and directed
General Duties & Inventory
- Adhere to required inventory procedures which include the use of all butt rolls prior to pulling new materials
- Complete Wind-Up paperwork and daily equipment log sheets
- Use of scan gun to move material through inventory control system
Other Job & Conduct Expectations
- Teamwork is essential to this position and continued employment. Employee must exercise excellent communication skills and interpersonal behavior at all times to avoid conflicts, to produce a cost-efficient and good quality product and to ensure safe and respectful working environment.
- Operate to the highest level of safety while on the premises; is aware of all safety procedures and takes appropriate safety measures for this equipment. Wear PPE where required in plant buildings, report all safety related issues and incidences, and follow all safety policies & procedures.
- Overtime when scheduled. Employee may be required to back-fill when a co-worker is on leave or absent.
- Maintain high standards in housekeeping throughout work area and assist as required in other areas of the facility and grounds. Housekeeping includes thoroughly organizing and cleaning of work area and equipment. Ensure spills or slick areas are promptly cleaned up. Remove and properly discard or store unused or unnecessary materials, scrap, machine parts, garbage, etc. from work areas. Adhere to manufacturers’ SDS requirements for product handling, storage, and disposal as applicable.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures
- Arrive promptly for all required company meetings.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must communicate fluently in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of scan guns and/or inventory control system
- Forklift operator experience helpful