Maintenance Supervisor – Syracuse NY
Are you knowledgeable about HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and electrical components? Are you looking to find more than just a job – rather a career filled with purpose? Do you want to make an impactful difference by providing affordable housing to those that need it most?
If so, we are looking for you to join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor at our 393 unit community in Syracuse, NY!
Compensation: $70-72K salary with an annual bonus that is tied to performance
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING AS A MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
- Utilize your maintenance skills to help your property meet unit turn and service request standards, as well as ensure grounds and common areas shine.
- Provide direction to all property maintenance staff; ensure maintenance team delivers great resident service while performing job duties.
- Manage scheduling and execution of all service requests to ensure timely completion.
- Conduct general inspections with agency partners and oversee remediation of any violations.
- Ensure completion of vacant unit turns at established standard.
- Oversee all upkeep of the building common areas, grounds, and systems at standard.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance for property.
- Inspect property mechanical systems and immediately address safety issues.
- Manage emergency on-call scheduling for team in partnership with Community Manager.
- Rotating on-call responsibility for emergency maintenance repairs.
- Partner on budgeting with Community Manager regarding maintenance expenses.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have at least 3 years of maintenance/facilities experience with at least 2 years supervisory experience
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred but not required
- You’re able to work our emergency on-call rotation as needed and can lift up to 50 lbs and stand for an 8-hour shift
- You are a goal-oriented leader who demonstrates genuine care and concern for your team, clients, and residents
- You are committed to exceed expectations of those around you by providing exceptional service
- You bring determination each day – embracing constructive criticism and pushing to get better
- You believe in teamwork – that we are better, together
- You are trustworthy and reliable to do the right thing – no matter what
- You welcome everyone and know the best ideas are born through diversity of thought and perspective