Construction Project Controller
Our client is seeking a Construction Project Controller to join their office in Framingham, MA
As a Project Controller, reporting to the Division Controller you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform the Project Accounting on domestic and overseas operations including but not limited to entering and maintaining budgets, preparing monthly contract summaries, providing data to foreign tax experts, processing employee reimbursements, processing vendor and subcontractor pay requests, processing manual checks and wire transfers, accruing estimated costs for jobs where foreign currency is involved, and monthly billing for work performed (time and material billing).
- Set up new jobs, cost codes, and budgets, and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis for Operations and/or Estimating on an as needed basis.
- Maintain and reconcile the Petty Cash accounts and other accounts as required.
- Resolve discrepancies on invoices or reports by interfacing with other departments, project controllers, construction, operations, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash reports including weekly cash requirements and cash expectations, reconciliation of prior week’s cash received/spent versus forecasted/requested, and long-term cash flow analysis including anticipated cash receipts and payments required against those receipts (pay when paid).
- Select invoices to be paid in the weekly check runs and submit to Corporate for processing.
- Make recommendations to supervisor for cost effective methods of accomplishing specific functions.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Prepare special reports and complete other accounting projects per supervisor’s direction.
- This is an onsite role located in Framingham, MA
- 4-year business/accounting/finance degree
- Two or more years of construction accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of general construction accounting, auditing, payroll, and invoicing
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
The company is a full-service construction firm that knows how to get the job done, even under the most complex circumstances. They deliver diversified construction services including design-build to clients worldwide.
Their client-centered approach and competitive, enterprising spirit has yielded many longstanding partnerships throughout the world. They are a close-knit team of construction professionals eager to take on new challenges suited to their expertise. They are committed to working with clients to deliver the projects you need in the time you need it.
When U.S. federal agencies need a construction partner to respond to critical situations, they can count on the company. They’ve provided construction services to U.S. federal agencies for more than four decades, responding to disasters and supporting military operations throughout the country and around the globe. U.S. federal agencies include the Army Corps of Engineers, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, National Park Service, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Customs and Border Protection, Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Department of State.
Working at this company, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large, high-profile projects that impact our national and global communities.