Fully onsite in Gloucester – let’s start the search local, but they will pay for relocation for the right candidate
Salary is $95-115k based on experience – there is a Bonus but it’s based on personal and company performance, typically around 10% but don’t advertise
Need 3-5 years of experience as a project engineer in the food manufacturing or consumer packaged goods industry
Will not look at anyone who is job hoppy
Must be a US citizen/permanent resident
Be part of something BIG here at Gorton’s. With the iconic yellow slicker and a catchy jingle, Gorton’s is now reaching more households than ever. As the #1 brand within Frozen Prepared Seafood, we have a passion for the consumer and for growth. We are looking for equally passionate people to help us fulfill our mission to spread the goodness of the sea!
As a Project Engineer, you will support business objectives by identifying, preparing, and managing all aspects of plant, processing, or packaging projects. Typical projects include process and packaging equipment & automation, building construction and modification, new and/or modified production lines for new products, utilities/infrastructure, material handling engineering, and safety engineering. This position is based in a manufacturing environment and interfaces daily with Operations, Maintenance, R&D, and Marketing.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of project engineering experience in a food processing facility or CPG environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, varied assignments simultaneously
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills
- AutoCAD a plus, SolidWorks, etc.
- Ability to travel for project related work up to 10% at other domestic facilities
Candidates must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
Gorton’s offers excellent growth potential, competitive pay, and great benefits.