Senior Accountant – Revenue Operations
Location Burlington, Massachusetts
Everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
The Senior Accountant – Revenue Operations will report to the Manager of Revenue Operations and will be responsible for managing the process and reconciling the activity associated with Projects and the accounts owned by the Project Accounting team, including Unbilled AR, Deferred Revenues, Deferred Costs, Revenue and Costs. This position will work with other members of the Revenue Operations team as well as with stakeholders from Professional Services (Project Managers), Technical Revenue Accounting, Divisional Finance, Accounts Payable, FP&A, Global accounting, and Order to Cash. Duties include performing the monthly accounting close and related analysis, as well as participating in ad hoc projects as required.
- Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of the financial close process including importing and exporting data, analyzing and explaining variances from expectations, and reconciling associated general ledger accounts.
- Assist internal customers to resolve issues/questions on projects and activities related to accounts
- Lead efforts to continuously drive cross-functional improvements associated with processes related to accounts owned by the revenue group. Research and resolve reconciliation issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to mitigate while enhancing procedures to prevent recurrence
- Support system conversions and integrations of acquired companies
- Work with Order Management to ensure proper set up of projects and work with Finance to discuss results of projects.
- Prepare and input general ledger entries
- Support external audit activities and audit preparation
- Execute and maintain supporting documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls
- Provide management with financial reporting information and operational support
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting or corporate accounting within a publicly traded company
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Demonstrated success driving measurable improvements to process and systemsBroad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Solid organizational skills with the capacity to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent analytical skills, goal/deadline orientated
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to work extended hours, particularly in the weeks before and after a quarter close
- ERP System experience including Oracle systems is a plus. Project Accounting Experience is also a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- MBA, CPA, and SOX experience is a plus