Join Nutter McClennen & Fish as the Senior Manager of IT Operations. The senior manager leads the Firm’s day-to-day IT operations, with a focus on end-user support, training, audiovisual support, and managing the desktop computing environment. The position is located in the Boston office offering the flexibility to work remotely two to three days a week.
The Senior Manager of IT Operations is responsible for ensuring that all IT systems are maintained and supported, overseeing a team of IT professionals, including the Helpdesk team, and providing technical support and training to end-users.
- Manage day-to-day IT operations for the law firm, focusing on end-user technical support, technology training, and managing end-user computing environments.
- Supervise a team of IT professionals, including Helpdesk, ensuring that all support requests are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage IT service desk platform and monitor IT performance metrics, providing regular reports to CIO.
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Oversee the deployment and maintenance of hardware and software systems, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Coordinate with external vendors and providers to ensure timely and effective support and service.
- Oversee efforts to provide IT training and support to end-users, ensuring that they have the tools and knowledge needed to perform their job functions.
- Oversee management of the firm’s audiovisual systems, ensuring that meetings and presentations are supported by the necessary technology.
- Assist CIO in developing and managing the IT operations budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently.
- Identify opportunities to improve IT operations and end-user satisfaction and implement solutions to address those opportunities.
- Manage IT projects and oversee implementation of new technology as necessary
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels for managed teams
- Serve as mentor for members of the IT team, focusing on career and professional development for IT staff members.
- Foster positive and professional connection with other legal and administrative departments in the firm, ensuring collaborative relationships with these departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience managing complex IT operations for large organizations, with a focus on end-user support and managing desktop computing environments. Law firm experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, project management, and technical skills.
- Knowledge of IT service management frameworks, such as ITIL.
- Experience managing audiovisual systems.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- An extraordinary level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction with attorneys, clients, and business services staff members.
- Ability to build, train, mentor and modify a team.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, set priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team participating on projects.
- Maintain confidentiality and perception of confidentiality as pertains to client information as well as Firm information.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, as needed.