Below please find the details on the Sr Data Architect role with Planet Fitness (remote – only open to candidates in Eastern and Central time zones)
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. We have over 2,400+ stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico, and Australia. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
At Planet Fitness, our unique mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment. And we’re proud of the amazing Planet Fitness team that supports our clubs and team members. They are comprised of dynamic, dedicated, and talented individuals who represent our values of integrity, transparency, passion, respect, and excellence (while having fun!) in everything they do.
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with your co-workers with celebrations, team building activities and engaging corporate events! It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation® philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
For the past 30 years, we’ve helped millions of people in their fitness journey and revolutionized the industry along the way. And we’re just getting started!
The Sr. Data Architect will be responsible for creating and maintaining a scalable enterprise data architecture at Planet Fitness. In this role, you will facilitate the development of data modeling standards, guidelines, and techniques. You will collaborate across the data engineering, business intelligence engineering, and data governance teams to ensure data architectures are consistent and adhere to defined policies and standards. And as our Sr. Data Architect, you will also collaborate with the broader technology organization to implement data management best practices and improve data quality at the source of truth/system of record.
For team collaboration purposes, candidates that currently reside in the Central or Eastern US time zones will be considered.
- Create and maintain data architecture designs that support business and technical requirements for high-quality, performant data solutions.
- Implement data modeling standards and ensure adherence within data management solutions.
- Research and recommend tools and services to improve data management processes and support architectural standards and patterns.
- Participate in data solution prototyping initiatives.
- Create and maintain documentation related to data architecture standards, protocols, and frameworks.
- Implement culture of continuous improvement of data architecture approaches to align to best practices and data management technology evolution.
- Foster environment of continuous learning, maintain current knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends, and present ideas for innovation.
- Perform analytical exploration and examination of data from multiple data sources.
- Participate in enforcing data quality and governance best practices in the data platform.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of data analysts, data engineers, developers and data consumers in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Work with and support a team that is globally located.
- Participate in review processes that involve architecture, design and quality assurance to preemptively identify conflicts and ensure consistency of implementation.
- Ensure strict adherence to documentation best practices and change control processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Information Systems or a related field
- 10+ years of direct experience in Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, and/or Information Management related projects
- 6+ years of direct experience in cloud data solution architectures, design and development including ETL, data warehousing, data lakes, and big data
- 5+ years of experience using SQL including development of stored procedures, functions, triggers and views
- 5+ years of direct experience with one or more database/data warehouse technologies (e.g., Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake)
- 5+ years of direct experience working in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-sufficient and proactive
- Deep understanding of agile development methods including: core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
- A strong understanding of data mining, predictive modeling, and statistical analysis
- Experience working in retail business (preferred)
- Experience working in a franchised business (preferred)
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient, and organized with an exceptional ability to establish and balance multiple priorities and objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Able to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships with diverse individuals, internally and externally
- Creative, progressive, thought leadership with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Dedicated learner with a natural curiosity for consistent growth
- Exhibits comfort, ease, and flexibility working in an extremely fast-paced ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
- Cooperative team player with an upbeat, positive, “can-do” attitude!
- Remote work allowed for the right candidate
- Volunteer days off
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, pharmacy, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday pay
- 401(k) Retirement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Childcare reimbursement
- Pet care reimbursement
- Learning and development programs
- Discount programs, including vacations, theme parks, shopping, meal delivery services & much more
- Free Black Card membership and fun exercise incentives
- Company-sponsored social events
Note to Applicants: We have been made aware of an increasing number of hiring fraud schemes across numerous platforms. Planet Fitness never requires advance payments of any kind for computer equipment or any other purpose at the start of employment. Any request for you to provide payment information during the application process is part of a fraud scheme. Further, we recommend that you do not provide sensitive personal information (SSN, DOB, driver’s license number) as part of the initial application process.