Below please find the details on the Sr Data Solutions Architect role with Planet Fitness (remote – only open to candidates in Eastern and Central time zones). There’s another role coming, waiting to hear about salary.
Here are the notes written by my POC regarding ideal candidate profile:
The Sr. Data Solutions Architect will be responsible for working with internal and external partners to understand business problems and the solutions required to solve those problems. With this understanding, the role will then work with the data engineering, data visualization & reporting, and data governance teams to architect and design the appropriate end-to-end solutions to meet stakeholder needs. The Sr. Data Solutions Architect will be responsible for ensuring the product/project teams implement solutions in alignment with the defined solution architecture.
1.Communication – Candidates must have experience communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences from individual contributors to executives.
2.Analysis & Problem Solving – Candidates must demonstrate ability to understand a problem, identify alternative solutions to solve the problem, and present recommendations.
3.Innovation & Continuous Improvement – Candidates must possess ability to research industry trends and emerging technologies, align these to business strategy and objectives, and present value proposition for technology use/implementation.
4.Time Management – Candidates must be able to manage multiple initiatives at once and prioritize appropriately with minimal guidance and direction from manager.
5.Candidates must have at least 5+ years experience in an architect role. Candidates must have at least 6+ years experience with cloud data solutions (e.g., Amazon/AWS S3, Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks, Azure Synapse).
Candidates can come from any company or industry; retail or health/fitness companies are a plus
Founded in 1992 in Dover, NH, Planet Fitness is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States by number of members and locations. We have over 2,400+ stores in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Panama, Mexico, and Australia. More than 90% of Planet Fitness stores are owned and operated by independent business men and women.
At Planet Fitness, our unique mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment. And we’re proud of the amazing Planet Fitness team that supports our clubs and team members. They are comprised of dynamic, dedicated, and talented individuals who represent our values of integrity, transparency, passion, respect, and excellence (while having fun!) in everything they do.
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of our communities. It means being a part of a supportive, engaging workforce with an inclusive culture that values diversity and creates an environment where everyone can feel they belong. It means encouraging professional growth and development. It means making true, lasting connections with your co-workers with celebrations, team building activities and engaging corporate events! It means creating a positive impact in our local communities through our Judgement Free Generation® philanthropic initiative. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
For the past 30 years, we’ve helped millions of people in their fitness journey and revolutionized the industry along the way. And we’re just getting started!
The Sr. Data Solutions Architect will be responsible for creating and maintaining scalable architectures for end-to-end data solutions. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional group of business and technology stakeholders to understand business challenges and design data solutions that meet the data storage, processing, security, and visualization specifications required to deliver analytical solutions to support data-driven decision making. As our Sr. Data Solutions Architect, you will instill a culture of experimentation, prototyping and iterative solutioning to solve problems. You will also collaborate with the data engineering and business intelligence engineering teams to ensure implementation of best practices and adherence to architecture plans and patterns.
For team collaboration purposes, candidates that currently reside in the Central or Eastern US time zones will be considered.
- Collaborate with project teams and business stakeholders to assess functional requirements, design optimal solutions, and assist in the identification of data information needs.
- Leverage strong business acumen to translate business requirements into scalable data solutions.
- Synthesize technical and functional requirements into discrete solution architectures incorporating best practices and repeatable patterns for end-to-end solution implementation (i.e., data ingestion to visualization).
- Support designing, building, and maintaining scalable data platforms that use emerging big data technologies.
- Create and maintain vision for end-to-end data flows, logical data models, and architectures for data aggregation and consumption.
- Perform analytical exploration and examination of data from multiple data sources.
- Participate in enforcing data quality and governance best practices in the data platform.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of data analysts, data engineers, developers, and data consumers in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Work with and support a team that is globally located.
- Work with a cross section of business stakeholders, data analysts and management to understand and document business requirements.
- Work with project managers and data architects to create and document technical project proposals that include estimates, planning and schedules.
- Participate in review processes that involve architecture, design and quality assurance to preemptively identify conflicts and ensure consistency of implementation.
- Ensure strict adherence to documentation best practices and change control processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Information Systems or a related field, required
- 10+ years of direct experience in Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Analytics, and/or Information Management related projects
- 6+ years of direct experience in cloud data solution architectures, design and development including ETL, data warehousing, data lakes, and big data
- 5+ years of direct experience using Snowflake and Snowflake utilities such as SnowSQL and SnowPipe
- 5+ years of direct experience with developing and deploying ETL pipelines on a big data platform using Hadoop or Apache Spark
- 5+ years of direct experience working in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- 4+ years of direct experience with streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing
- Demonstrated ability to describe technical solutions in business language required
- Experience and familiarly with data virtualization tools and platforms
- Must be self-sufficient and proactive
- Deep understanding of agile development methods including: core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
- A strong understanding of data mining, predictive modeling, and statistical analysis
- Experience working in retail business (preferred)
- Experience working in a franchised business (preferred)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, efficient, and organized with an exceptional ability to establish and balance multiple priorities and objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Able to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships with diverse individuals, internally and externally
- Creative, progressive, thought leadership with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Dedicated learner with a natural curiosity for consistent growth
- Exhibits comfort, ease, and flexibility working in an extremely fast-paced ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
- Cooperative team player with an upbeat, positive, “can-do” attitude!
- Must be available to work off-hours and provide on-call support as needed
- Remote work allowed for the right candidate
- Volunteer days off
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, pharmacy, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation/holiday pay
- 401(k) Retirement
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Childcare reimbursement
- Pet care reimbursement
- Learning and development programs
- Discount programs, including vacations, theme parks, shopping, meal delivery services & much more
- Free Black Card membership and fun exercise incentives
- Company-sponsored social events
Note to Applicants: We have been made aware of an increasing number of hiring fraud schemes across numerous platforms. Planet Fitness never requires advance payments of any kind for computer equipment or any other purpose at the start of employment. Any request for you to provide payment information during the application process is part of a fraud scheme. Further, we recommend that you do not provide sensitive personal information (SSN, DOB, driver’s license number) as part of the initial application process.