Director of Finance
150-160K plus bonus
The Director of Finance is the key player on the leadership team tasked with providing financial oversight and driving sound financial decisions to support growth and improve profitability. Will formulate a responsible (challenging, robust and realistic) strategy and ensures execution through objective measurement and taking corrective actions. This includes leading the annual budgeting process to support business objectives.
- Serves as the financial leader in key business decisions (Innovation, Investment, bidding, targets, etc.).
- Drives forecasting and budgeting for the business unit.
- Collaborates on major investment proposals to ensure timely execution of the strategy and limitation of risk associated with delay or lack of investment.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Supports and drives Practical Process Improvement methods in the business unit through thorough analysis on value capture enabling the team to achieve its profitability and process improvement goals.
- Collaborates with Site Controller to maintain a proper control environment and culture to limit business risk and exposures.
- Ensures proper communication between Corporate, BU and Site financial communities.
- Promotes continuous improvement, efficiency and competence within the finance function to an industry benchmark level. Ensures timely, relevant and accurate services are provided by the function. Takes corrective actions when needed to ensure finance competency is at the appropriate level.
- Leads people to implement change, understand consequences and obtain commitment through coaching, training, and clear objective setting to meet the site’s short term needs and long term ambition. Develops department members to be key leaders within the organization. Builds and sustains employee engagement by creating a culture of efficient execution and an environment in which individuals and teams can excel and continuously improve.
- BS/BA in Finance or other related field is required. MBA, CPA/CMA is preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in pharmaceutical related field
- Strong conceptual and analytical orientation, as well as creative and unstructured problem solving skills, to be able to evaluate problems and concepts from different perspectives; use data to identify key issues/opportunities and arrive at sound and logical solutions; experience preparing strategic and financial models, and identifying areas of process improvement
- Demonstrated business acumen (i.e., ability to understand and then execute against the company’s business strategy.
- Strong, persuasive communication skills to present analytical and technical information, relate well to all levels of the organization, influence others to move in a certain direction, and express ideas clearly and concisely to drive tactical initiatives downstream
- Strong results orientation, self-motivated with a bias for action
- Demonstrated expertise in Excel
- SAP and Hyperion experience a plus
- Ability to champion ideas via fact-based analysis and reasoned judgment to optimize business results
- Must be a business leader rather than a technical expert – this position plays an active role in leading the business functions, providing challenge and support in equal measure
- Strong internal controls and technical experience; must have an outstanding attention to detail and strong process rigor
Please send resume: firstname.lastname@example.org