Assistant Division Controller (Construction)
Our client is seeking an Assistant Division Controller (Construction) to join their office in Framingham, MA.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
This role is approximately 50% Project Accounting for the company’s foreign operations and 50% assisting the Division Controller in overseeing the administrative, financial, and accounting functions of the domestic and overseas operations, actively participating in the development of both long and short-range plans of the division and reporting to the Corporate Treasury Group and Division stakeholders.
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform the Project Accounting on domestic and overseas operations including but not limited to entering and maintaining budgets, preparing monthly contract summaries, providing data to foreign tax experts, posting time to job cost for Canadian employees, processing employee reimbursements, processing vendor and subcontractor pay requests, processing manual checks and wire transfers, accruing estimated costs for jobs where foreign currency is involved, and monthly billing for work performed (time and material billing).
- Review job budgets with the Operations Manager, Project Manager, Project Controller and Division Controller prior to their setup in the job cost system.
- Setup new jobs, cost codes, and budgets, and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis for Operations and/or Estimating on an as needed basis.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash reports including weekly cash requirements and cash expectations, reconciliation of prior week’s cash received/spent versus forecasted/requested, and long-term cash flow analysis including anticipated cash receipts and payments require against those receipts (pay when paid).
- Select invoices to be paid in the weekly check runs and submit to Corporate for processing.
- Maintain and reconcile Petty Cash accounts and other accounts as required.
- Prepare State/Country specific financial statements and submit tax filings for various states and Countries with the help of local tax experts (i.e. Saudi Arabia VAT/WHT taxes, Canada monthly estimated tax payments, annual HST filing for Canada, Worker’s Comp filing for Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico financial statement audit, etc.)
- Assist the Division Controller in the development of long- and short-range business plans.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget forecast and quarterly revised forecasts in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Assist with internal and external auditors in the audit function.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Controller or Senior Management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in Business Administration (accounting concentration) with MBA and/or CPA desirable.
- 5+ years construction experience (International experience preferred)
- Strong leadership and business judgment skills required.
- Above-average analytical skills which allow for logical, timely, innovative, accurate, and documented approaches to problem-solving a must.
- Above-average communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Experience with cost type construction contracts and government audits is preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards, and solid MS Office skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance.
- This is an onsite role in Framingham, MA
Our client is a full-service construction firm that knows how to get the job done, even under the most complex circumstances. They deliver diversified construction services including design-build to clients worldwide.
Their client-centered approach and competitive, enterprising spirit has yielded many longstanding partnerships throughout the world. They are a close-knit team of construction professionals eager to take on new challenges suited to their expertise. They are committed to working with clients to deliver the projects you need in the time you need it.
When U.S. federal agencies need a construction partner to respond to critical situations, they can count on this company. They’ve provided construction services to U.S. federal agencies for more than four decades, responding to disasters and supporting military operations throughout the country and around the globe. U.S. federal agencies include the Army Corps of Engineers, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, National Park Service, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Customs and Border Protection, Fish and Wildlife Service and the Department of State.
Working here you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large, high-profile projects that impact our national and global communities.